Thursday, July 10, 2008

I've arrived in Indonesia!!!

So the flight wasn't as bad as one would think it is. It took 15 hours to get to Hong Kong where I had a 2 hour layover in the nicest airport I've ever seen and then another 4 1/2 hours to Jakarta where I am staying for a couple of days. It was daytime for almost the whole trip....I felt like I was chasing the sun. Flying over the north pole is really cool. When there was no cloud coverage you could see all the ice patches floating in the deep blue sea. Flying over Hong Kong was incredibly beautiful, it made me really excited to visit there on my way home from Indonesia. Hong Kong is made up of all these amazing mountain islands. They literally look like little mountains full of lush green (and skyscrapers) popping out of the water. And there were these beautiful clouds floating by them I felt I was in a Chinese landscape painting (with a modern twist). I got in around 8pm and was exhausted since I only slept a total of 4 hours during the whole trip in hour-long naps. I'm not sure if that was good, but I slept almost the whole night and hope that will keep me on the right schedule. It is a 12 hour difference from NYC, so for those of you reading this back home you are 12 hours behind me (its Friday, July 11th right now). I am staying at a beautiful place here in Jakarta and will be visiting the Wayang Museum (Puppetry museum) later and a performance tomorrow also at the museum.

3 comments:

M.H. said...

I can't believe you flew over the north pole! That's totally crazy. I'll be reading this blog DAILY!

love you! miss you!

Melissa Alvarez said...

Flying over the North Pole was so surreal! I was looking for Santa, but no signs of him. Seriously, I welled up with emotion. Its a place you never think you would see with your own eyes.

Reddon said...

Hi. Looks like this blog ended in 2008. Did you follow up with another, more recent set of entries on experiences in Indonesia? Especially interested in South/central Java.

Thanks,

don